Life Planning

Adults who have Fragile X syndrome may need ongoing education, support and advocacy throughout their life.

Some people with Fragile X syndrome live independent lives, while others may continue to need support from their family, specialist services and support workers.

Residential accommodations may include:

  • Living independently
  • Supported accommodation
  • In-house support
  • Co-residing with parents or other family members

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding may be available to assist with supports for managing day-to-day living.

There are a range of work options and programs available for people with Fragile X syndrome, after transitioning from a school environment and throughout adulthood.