Ep 1 – Daily Living Skills & Learning Strategies
Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFiDVVR7Iyc
Recording of presentation by Dr Marcia Braden PhD, 2 March 2020, Melbourne Australia. Daily Living Skills & Learning Strategies – Supporting children who have Fragile X syndrome.
- how the lack of the FMRP protein impacts brain development
- how neurobiological factors affect daily living and learning skills
- how to structure the environment at home and in the classroom to account for the cognitive profile of Fragile X syndrome (the strengths and weaknesses in cognition and learning)
- eating, sleeping and toileting concerns and motor delays
- hyperarousal and anxiety **
- structuring the environment to take account of anxiety and executive functioning deficits
- visual supports to aid in learning
** See also: “Understanding Anxiety in Fragile X syndrome” – recording of webinar by Dr Marcia Braden, 17 November 2021 youtube.
This presentation by Dr Braden was supported by an educational grant from Zynerba Pharmaceuticals.